Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wanna Be Corrupted by an Urn?

I went to London today with the gang, thinking we were going to catch a matinee of A Streetcar Named Desire, only when we get to the theatre, the tickets weresold out. Well, instead of seeing Blanche DuBois getting crazy, we went to the British Museum. I was disappointed by the loss of seeing a disturbed Southern woman crooning the line, "You make my mouth water," until I found DIRTY GRECIAN ART!!!



This is an urn from probably a Bacchanal or a worship of Pan, and as you can see, the man in the middle seems to be balancing some sort of bowl on his erection. Doesn't that just "perk up" your day, ladies and gentlemen?

3 comments:

  1. That's...actually kinda talented. I see a new reality television show in the works.

    I'm glad you're getting around...in a productive way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this urn has spawned many a poem post Renaissance...namely Ode to a Grecian Urn, lol. Gotta love your Keats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I think if Keats had written on THIS urn, there would be a different poem in the canon...

    ReplyDelete