Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Freshers Week-end!



Oh, yeah, one thing that I forgot in the video is that I met a Norwegian student who loves Blanche DuBois! We were at the International Student Orientation for the University system of Oxford, and we sat next to each other, and he turned to me and said, "Hey! You were at Starbucks a few minutes ago, right? Sitting by the window? I recognize you!" We greeted, and I found out he is studying bio, and he found out I am from the South, which prompted him to ask, "Do you read Tennessee Williams?" OF FREAKIN' COURSE! So, we had this moment, and I learned he LOVES Blanche DuBois. So, the lesson of this story is that the power of the crazy, whorish South can transcend borders, even across the ocean to Norway. I feel proud.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the beginning and the end...oh, and the middle part.

    Lol! Thanks for proving me wrong...keep doing that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Big ball of weird." Story of your life, babe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you so much my dear. I'm glad to see not much has changed--even across the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are, indeed, charismatic, even from across the ocean. You certainly had me laughing hysterically. I think your CV should definitely have a hobbies section for meeting people. But you're the only person on the planet who is allowed the hobbies section -- because you're just that amazing. Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how i miss you so. <3 hope the fact that classes are starting next week won't put too much damp on your social butterfly-ness! :) loveeeeee

    ReplyDelete