Saturday, October 31, 2009

Rejected with Jet--Rejeted.

I went out last night with some friends from Regent's, and we started at the Lamb and Flag pub and ended at Kukui (a club). Kukui gets crowded really quickly, and after queuing for like 20 minutes, we finally get inside and find a nice little spot on the dance floor. Well, I'm grooving and doing what I do when I do what I do, when I make eye contact with this girl. In fact, we were making lots of eye contact for about 20 minutes of on and off coy looks. And she starts circling our little group, moving around us, until she positions herself one person away from me. Eye contact stills happens. At this point, Jet's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" starts playing--this is the perfect opportunity to go over! She makes her way over to me so we are right next to each other on the crowded dance floor, and I smile at her, she smiles back, and we start dancing. By the way, great song. I do like Jet. And I'm singing along to her, "You don't need money when you look like that, do you honey?" She purses her lips and shakes her head and mouths, "Nope." Then, for the chorus, I sing along, "Are you gonna be my girl?" She looks at me, and again shakes her head no, turns around, and walks off. She leaves mid-song. I got burned. Badly. I had to go get a seat and nurse my wounds. I was so embarrassed and annoyed! So, new rule: mixed drinks and mixed signals don't mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment